The aim of this certificate is to provide learners with an introductory understanding of innovative design principles and data science machine learning (ML) tools and techniques and how they can be employed ethically and legally in insurance organisations.
The course has two parts, the first element will provide an understanding of design thinking theory, strategic business processes and strategic design for innovation. The second element will introduce the learner to data science theories and best practice processes along with machine learning techniques. Both elements are introductory, requiring no prior knowledge in the area and learners will apply theories, techniques and processes towards provision of solutions for the insurance industry.
On completion of this programme introduces learners to the following:
- Implement a designer’s toolkit using a human centric insight to access and implement strategic design processes for innovation.
- Develop visualisation skills for presenting complex data using techniques, methodologies and representations.
- Develop critical thinking skills through challenging the existing state of play within a business model.
- Develop methods for creating shared context for shared problem solving.
- Understand the importance of data and data science as it applies to the insurance industry.
- Display an appreciation and critical understanding of basic data science techniques to business problems and to identify business outcomes such as efficiency savings, process improvements and predictive events.
- Understand the primary principles of machine learning and its applications to insurance
- Identify opportunities to apply basic Data science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and ML techniques and tools to address challenges within the Insurance industry.
Who is it for?
The programme is designed for those seeking to develop skills and design research methodologies and implementing findings into optimising user experience in an innovative organisation.
Graduates of the certificate can progress to the Higher Diploma in Business in Innovative Data Generation, Analytics and Management.
Innovative Design & Machine Learning
|Fees:||Free or Heavily Subsidised|
|Date:||Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duration:||24 lecture hours over 8 or 12 weeks|