Covid-19 Business Response Plan
6th April 2020
Some key financial support options that available for the SMEs are outlined below.
This is not a complete list of supports. It is important to mention that the Insurtech Network Centre and Carlow Institute of Technology are here to assist in any way we can including assisting access to appropriate grants above. Please feel free ti contact me with any queries you may have, Aidan.Mahon@itcarlow.ie
- COVID-19 Income Support Scheme. A temporary wage subsidy of 70% up to a maximum weekly tax-free amount of €410 to help affected companies keep paying their employees. This is the equivalent of €500 per week before tax. Workers who have lost their jobs due to the crisis will receive an enhanced emergency COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment of €350 per week. It is closely aligned with the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme.
- Business Continuity Voucher. Available through Local Enterprise Office, the scheme is designed for businesses across every sector that employ up to 50 people. The voucher is worth up to €2,500 in third party consultancy costs and can be used by companies and sole traders to develop short-term and long-term strategies to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Online Trading Voucher. Designed to help businesses located in Waterford City and County with less than 10 employees and turnover of less than €2m, this scheme provides IT consultation, development of e-commerce functionality, purchase of Internet-related software, implementation of digital marketing strategy and much more. Delivered in a form of matched funding with the maximum amount payable of €2,500 or 50% of the eligible cost.
- COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment. Made available to employees and the self-employed who have lost their job on (or after) March 13 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this initiative provides payments of €350 per week.
- Business advice by Local Enterprise Offices. The South East Local Enterprise Office Network of Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford offer 30-minute virtual consultations with HR, finance, digital and general business mentors. This is a confidential service and is open to all businesses.
- EI Virtual Mentoring Support. Similarly to the above-mentioned expert business support from LEO, Enterprise Ireland offers their assistance by providing a business mentor, which can assist businesses that employ between 10 and 249 people. Scheme is completely free.
- Webinar series by Local Enterprise Office. Series of online webinars covering the topics of remote work, emotional wellness, communications with clients, and management of remote working team. Make sure to book your place in advance.
- COVID19 Workplace Protection and Improvement. Grant aid for companies that need support in management team consultancy or training for staff. Support is provided by agencies in a form of 2.5 days of consultancy, worth €900 per day. Maximum support sum is €2,500.